somewhereINmyVISION

Sunday, November 26, 2006

Let me speak my mind!

I have been thinking about this for some time.
I am just a little disturbed.

How so unfair this world can get.
Let me get to the point.
I have to get this burden off my chest.
Sometimes truth hurts.
Doesn't it?
Badly.
Really badly.
Really, really badly.
But, you have to face it.
So do I.

I have a friend.
His name is Abdul Jahar.
He should be seventeen this year.
Met him in primary school.
In my last year only, though.
If only I had met him earlier.
He joined the dance club a few months before our graduation.
He dances pretty well!
I like!
Such a great dancer, he was.
We had good times together as a group.
Me, him, our friends and Ms Malar.
Best of times, in fact!
He was a great fellow!
A very great friend!
Wonderful personality.
Superb talents.
Simply Amazing.

I had always loved dance rehearsals.
Beause of these people.
He was one of them.
Rehearsals simply made me jump in delight.
I enjoyed myself to death.
With them.
He was one of them.
Our batch seemed to be the best of all times!
Because of these people.
He was one of them.
We did our best.
And the day we had been waiting for had come.
Unfortunately.
It was not only the day to show our talent.
And to showcase our best.
But, it was also the day to part.
With all of them.
He was one of them.

School term ended.
I was so lost.
I missed rehearsals.
I missed my teachers.
I missed those days.
I missed my friends.
All of them.
He was one of them.
Unfortunately.

Months passed.
I grew older.
I have to admit.
There were times I completely forgot about them.
He was one of them.
But, there were times I always thought about them.
And so badly wanted to meet again!
He was one of them.

Thirty- three months passed.
I was in Sec 3.
There was no word from him at all.
Until my teacher told me the news.

As I sat in class,

Teacher: Which primary school are you from?
Me: Yangzheng primary school. Why do you ask, sir?
Teacher: Did you know a boy named...ummm....Abdul Jafar?
Me: Oh. Do you mean...Abdul Jahar?
Teacher: Ah! Yes! Yes! He dances really well! Did you know him?
Me: Yes! I did! He was in the dance club with me!
Teacher: Ok...Do you know what happened to him? He is in India right now.
Me: India? But why? I thought he was studying in a secondary school here?
Teacher: Yes, he was. But it seems his kidneys......failed. Both.
Me: ___________*OH MY GOD!*__________
Teacher: So, he went back to India to get a transplant. It seems he could not get a donor here.
Me: Oh! Ok! But......

And then, what else?
Lesson had to go on.
Too bad.
The world couldn't be stopping just for me.
To have a minute to silently cry for a friend.
A very dear friend.
A very very dear friend.
Could it?
No!

No wonder I had no news from him.
But, I was angry.
With everyone who knew.
And didn't tell me before.
I was angry with him.
For not telling any of us.

Does he deserve this?
No.
He was such a great one.
No.
He was such a gem.
A great mixture of
politeness,
respect,
talent,
looks,
brains,
character,
and everything else you could think of.
Wow!
Salute, my friend!
Salute!

Now, he is not here with me.
I don't even know if he will be coming back.
I hope he does.
Atleast then, I will have the chance to tell him.
Tell him how much I appreciate him.
How much I missed him.


Abdul, I have something for you.
A flower that means so much.

























I hate to end with a question.
But, in this case, I have to.
I have no choice.
Not one.
I will wait.
For an answer.


Some things affect you too much.
Too much, even positively, that they only end up hurting you.
Did you realise that?







uyir vida sonnaal uyir vidukindren...unai vida sonnaal unai vida maaten!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home